Abbots Leigh – Hydrotherapy Services
Hydrotherapy is a unique form of therapy that involves physio but with the benefit of the water. We believe everyone should have the right to exercise and feel as independent as possible. Water gives people an incredible freedom no matter what your conditions and our experienced professional physio’s are there to keep you safe and push you to achieve your goals.
Qualities Of Water
- Buoyancy – This allows people who may struggle on land to mobilise and move in a way that they may not be able to on land.
- Heat ( Our hydro pool is heated to 35 degrees making in feel like bath water when you get in!)
- Resistance – We can use the water in different ways to increase or reduce resistance to modify the difficult of any exercise.
Perfect For People Who Have…
- Poor confidence – hydrotherapy allows people to feel secure and supported by the water. We have rails that people can hold onto if needed.
- Balance problems
- Muscle weakness
- Difficulty walking
- Neurological conditions such as Stroke, Spinal cord injury, Parkinsons, MS, Chronics fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, Rhuematoid Arthritis
- Post Operatively: Shoulder Dislocation, Rotator Cuff Repair, Joint Replacement, Fracture, Multiple trauma car accident.
Common Questions About Hydrotherapy…
What should I wear? We advise a normal one piece swimsuit for women and shorts for men and to bring your own towel. There are private changing areas.
How will I get in the pool? We are setup for people who have mobility issues. We can either use the steps to get into the pool ( which have two rails) or we have a hoist.
How deep is the pool? The pool has a flat bottom and so you will be within your depth in all areas of the pool.
Will I be safe? Many people worry about their balance but having hydrotherapy is much safer and more enjoyable than land based treatment. People who may be unsteady on land can walk independently as the water supports them. Our professional staff will also be close by to assist during your treatment.
Interested In Learning More About Hydrotherapy…
Why not book your free discovery call and see whether we are the right company for you. This 15minute call will allow us to learn more about you and how we may assist in your recovery and rehabilitation.