Don’t Ignore Pain In Children
The Signs To Spot Whether Your Child Needs Physio
- When to know if a child is telling the truth
- Don’t ignore potential fracture
- Bruising on swelling : need assessment
- Pain in the morning
- Joint pain in multiple joints. ie my wrists and ankles hurt.
- Early management for growing pains.
- Conditioning muscles as children/ adolescents grow
- Dynamic stretches in some cases.
- Specific trauma – fallen off bike, fallen out of tree
- Look out for green stick fractures: deformity is not always present with these.
- Persistently reporting pain, particularly in the same location.
- Random large bruises with no trauma: straight to GP ( not Physio)